2015 Rules Package - Thoughts, Predictions

View previous topic View next topic Go down

2015 Rules Package - Thoughts, Predictions

Post by Blanston on Fri Nov 14, 2014 2:54 pm

How the heck are the new rules gonna play out? Is the new package really going to favor drivers like Kyle Busch as many think?

Blanston
Admin

View user profile http://racingboards.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: 2015 Rules Package - Thoughts, Predictions

Post by FLRacingFan on Thu Nov 20, 2014 9:39 pm

I was really hoping for the 3-inch spoiler while staying at 850 HP. Drivers, spotters, and crew chiefs said that was far and away the best package they tested at Michigan.

Doing the 6-inch spoiler while dropping to 725 HP seems a bit counterintuitive. They'll probably cancel each other out and the cars won't be much more difficult to drive; they may be easier to drive. The Xfinity Series runs flat out at a lot of tracks. Less HP, less throttle response, and less drive off means less overtaking in my opinion.

I have to say I am intrigued by the driver-controlled track bar though.

FLRacingFan
Tire Changer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanston on Thu Nov 20, 2014 11:57 pm

FLRacingFan wrote:I was really hoping for the 3-inch spoiler while staying at 850 HP. Drivers, spotters, and crew chiefs said that was far and away the best package they tested at Michigan.

Doing the 6-inch spoiler while dropping to 725 HP seems a bit counterintuitive. They'll probably cancel each other out and the cars won't be much more difficult to drive; they may be easier to drive. The Xfinity Series runs flat out at a lot of tracks. Less HP, less throttle response, and less drive off means less overtaking in my opinion.

I have to say I am intrigued by the driver-controlled track bar though.
Yeah, I was also hoping for the smaller spoiler at 850.
Seems like the latest thing I read somewhere was that, overall, the cars wouldn't be hardly any different at all.

Blanston
Admin

View user profile http://racingboards.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top